E-marketing is the use of digital and Internet technology to help promote and sell your goods on services.
In some ways it shares a lot of features with traditional marketing it allows you to create communications that attract customers, leads and prospects, but crucially E-marketing can be far cheaper and more effective than traditional marketing.
e-marketing is a process, not a destination.
What examples are there of attracting new customers, keeping them and turning into loyal ones?
This list is not exhaustive.
Examples of E-marketing
- Web sites / E-branding
- E-mail marketing
- Online competitions, vouchers, discounts and loyalty programs
- Affiliate marketing
- Send to a Friend technology
- Mobile/SMS text messaging
- Digital Advertising Platforms
- Digital audio/video viral messaging
- Broadband Entertainment
- Virtual Reality
- Digital audio, photos and movies
- Search Engine Optimisation, placement, Google pay-per-click marketing, etc
- Personalised customer login areas
- Product/Service Recommendation engines
- E-commerce shops
- Forums, Message boards, Guestbooks, Customer Comments, etc
- PDF Libraries, Press Releases
- Plus, so much more
Measuring the Results
Before launching any e-marketing campaign, you need to be aware of what results you want to achieve. Is it to attract leads? Is it to generate sales? Is it to entice existing customers to spend more?
Here are some examples of the kind of results you can record via site statistics, site logging and other technologies:
- How many visitors or e-mail requests your website got? (How many leads?)
- How many sales you got? (How many prospects?)
- How many existing customers bought/sold products or services (How many retaining customers?)
- How many new customers registered to your website (How many new loyal customers?)
Like traditional marketing, E-marketing isnt about one thing (ie: e-mail marketing), its actually a process.
A lot of companies over-complicate what e-marketing is and what it isnt. All you need to remember is to set simple benchmarks with clear goals and measure the results. Then, explore ideas on how to improve on your results and do the process again!
Read about the benefits of e-marketing>