Many people ask me why they should “bother getting a website”. It seems to me there is a lot of confusion as to why a website is needed.
A website is a powerful marketing and business tool, one that should have a purpose, and that is to add value to your business.
Typically, your business should have a website because:
- You want to sell something.
- You want to promote something.
- You want to provide information, increase your credibility, trust or social worth through articles, debate, and commentary.
- You want to generate prospects, leads, or enquiries that will lead to sales, or referrals.
- You want to increase efficiency, productivity, or profitability.
I believe in ‘purposeful websites’. That is, your website should have a ‘purpose’, a meaning, a reason for being; whether it’s promoting your business, a product, a service, a person, or a book – the ideas are the same, you want to encourage customers to trust you, to contribute to your business/website, and ultimately; to buy from you.