If, like me, you hate cold calling, then you’ll love the philosophy of Frank J Rumauskas Jr. The author of “Never cold call again – Achieve sales greatness without cold calling” articulates in his book the many reasons why believes cold calling is a bad way to do business.
In his book, Frank discusses how cold calling, and by extension, selling, is dead in today’s 21st century information age era. Frank lists the main reasons that cold calling doesn’t work any more. These are:
- Cold calling destroys yours status as a business equal
- Cold calling limits your production and earnings potential
- Cold calling makes timing work against you
- Cold calling fails to find the pre-qualified prospects we all need
- Cold calling puts you in a negative light and annoys people
- Cold calling may get you in trouble with the law
- Everyone hates making and receiving cold calls.
I personally hate cold calling – it makes me sick to the stomach thinking about the many reasons why I should call someone who I’ve not pre-qualified beforehand.
So, if selling is out – what is in?